Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Carving パンプキンをカービング

So I have always wanted to do pumpkin carving...yet I had never done it before. Surely we don't do that in Japan and I just never had a chance to do this. So yesterday afternoon, John surprised me with two pumpkins and told me that I can do pumpkin carving for the first time!

こうやってパンプキンをカービングする機会など一度も無かったのですが、昨日の午後ジョンがパンプキンを買って来てくれました。好きな様にカービングしていいよ、というのでかなりはしゃいでしまいました。
初めてにしては結構上手にできたでしょ?

Two pumpkins and a carving kit. I am good to go! 2つのかぼちゃと私。やります!

Hmmmm. interesting.  ちょっと変な感触…。

This is serious... 真剣です

yay! This is my first one. これ一つ目!

Not too bad for the first time, right? 一つ目にしては上出来でしょう?

So, I made another one. Almost addicting! という訳で二つ目にも挑戦。

Final products... できあがり♪

3 comments:

lynnwray said...

These are TOTALLY amazing!!! How in the world did you do that??!! You are a woman of many talents, Keiko!!

Karin said...

Most impressive - you should see what ours look like - they are pitiful compared to these.

Keiko san said...

Mom: thanks. :) It was so much fun doing it. (and John was having fun watching me doing it. :) haha.

Karin: thanks! I sure love doing these things... I could do another one on the same day if I had more pumpkins!