Saturday, August 2, 2008

Italy trip part 12  イタリア旅行 パート12

July 2nd. (Wed.) Venice 2nd day

7:00 am wake up
7:45 am breakfast at hotel Monaco
9:00 am Guided tour
1:00 pm lunch @ bar
5:00 pm correre Museum
6:00 pm dinner at Piccolo Martini by our hotel
8:00 pm Gondola ride with music (37 euro/person)
10:00 pm wine bar
enjoying some music at st. Mark's square

7月2日 (水)  ベニス 2日目

今日はグローバスのツアーに半日参加します。ベニスの良い所だけを見せてくれるツアー。ホテルからサンマルコ広場まで歩きます。(というか徒歩1分。なんて良いロケーションなんでしょう。)
それにしても鳩にエサをあげている観光客がとてもたくさんいます。鳩肩に乗ったり、頭に乗ったり…。ちょっと気持ち悪い。

そしてすぐ隣にあるDoge's palaceを見学します。日本語ではドゥカーレ宮殿というそうです。あの「ため息橋」で有名なゴシックの宮殿です。中においてあるアートはローマやフィレンチェにくらべるとそんなに感動しませんが、建築の素晴らしさに感動しました。なんと言っても水の上に建ってるんですもんね…。関空も沈まないでガンバって欲しいです。

その後モザイクで有名なサンマルコ教会へ行きました。これまた床がくねくねと波打っています。地盤が緩いのでこういう風になるんでしょうが、それでもどっしりと大きな教会は建っていました。

その後ムラノグラスのデモンストレーションを見て、(というか見せられて…。お買い物して欲しいんでしょうね)グループは解散です。ジョンと私はお昼まで開いてるフルーツマーケットとフィッシュマーケットに行きたかったので、急いで歩きます その魚ってどうなの?やっぱりこれってサメ?という様な不思議なシーフードから、キッチンさえあれば好みの料理ができるのにー!と思う様なシーフードもあり、とても面白かったです。その後ランチを食べて街をぶらぶら歩きました。(途中ジョンがお財布無くしたかも?と焦りだしたのでとても汗かきました。結局見つかったのですが、なんとも慌てん坊の旦那さんです。)

夜のディナーはホテルの近くのレストンランで食べました。ジョンはラッザニアで私はリゾット。このリゾットがなかなか美味しかったです♪やっぱりご飯の国の人間です。 そしてその後は本日のメインイベントです。ゴンドラに乗りまーす。 4つ位のゴンドラ一緒でまわるのですが、ミュージック付きでなんとも優雅な40分位のライドでした。これぞベネチアという事でやっぱり一人6千円位するので一瞬迷うんですが、ここでしかできないという事でやっぱり乗って良かったです☆(相乗りして、ミュージシャン付きじゃないともう少し安くなります)

その後は二人でワインバーへ行き、よい感じでサンマルコ広場のオーケストラを楽しみ、本日終了。やっぱりユニークな街です。




Okay, today we join the Globus tour once again. The guided tour will show us the highlights of the city. First, we walked to St. Mark's Square that is filled with pigeons. People love to feed pigeons but I don't like them. I saw them in Japan all the time and they will be all over you as you feed them..is not a great picture for me. Anyways, first we went into Doge's palace. It is definitely a gothic building. What surprised me most about this place was St Mark's Basilica (a huge church next to it) was a chapel for the doge. Lots of arts in the palace, but no comparisons the things we saw in Rome or Florence...Venice is a unique place but it's not like Rome or Florence.

The Doge's Palace


Bridge of sighs (Ponte dei Sospiri): The view from the bridge was the last view of Venice that convicts saw before they were sent to a prison.

Then we went to inside of St Mark's Basilica and their mosaic work was stunning. I was not able to take pictures inside, so again, I borrowed it from world wide web. How nice. ;)

Can you see the mosaic work? It was amazing!

Inside of the Basilica


After that, they took us to see Murano glass demonstration. Murano is a little island off of Venice, and they are known for their Murano glass. But we did not have to go to Murano island to see their outstanding skill today. (though we will visit the island later...) Basically, this place wants to show their skill...and want you to be impressed...and purchase their products. I remember going the same place last time we were in Venice. (my Dad bought glasses so we did not buy glasses this time. I called my Mom the other day and she was like, take them! I will give them to you. So lucky us. :) Anyways, they were so beautiful...but really expensive. (like $3000 for wine glasses set.)

Demonstration of Murano glass



We knew we were going to Murano anways, so we left the place as soon as possible to visit fruits market and fish market which close in one hour or so. We had to see what people in Venice are eating, too! (yes, we went to farmer's market in Rome, the Central market in Florence and now fish & fruits market in Venice. ) It was super cool though...I so wished we were staying at a place with a kitchen so that I could cook on my own with these wonderful seafood!

That looked scary!

Looking beautiful...

Just as I suspected...they were sharks!

We went to eat lunch at a small bar and food was okay. Not too impressive. The funny thing was though...I went to bathroom as John was paying the bill. I came back and he was freaking out. He thinks he lost our money. I mean...We just withdrew money...so lots of cash. At this point, people around us noticed that something was wrong. Anyways...he did find the money eventually and we were okay. You just never want to feel that freaking out feeling while you are traveling.

Pizza for John

and gnocchi for me


John and Keiko on the Rialto Bridge

After resting at our hotel for a bit, we went to Correre Museum. It was alright. Wasn't impressed with their stuff too much. Then we went to eat dinner at Piccolo Martini that was by our hotel. I got risotto and John got lasagna and I liked my risotto very much. (after all, I am a rice person.)


Then we went to a gondola ride with Globus. It is pretty pricey (usually $55-60 per person for 30-40 min.) so we were not sure if we were going to do it, but we were glad we did it. We had 3-4 gondolas and 2 musicians with us...and we sure enjoyed our ride. We were with a family of 3 and they insisted to give us a nice love seat on the boat. (that was really sweet of them.) Last time I was there, it was New Year's so I remember that I was freezing...but this time, I was having so much fun.

One happy couple...

Only in Venice...right?

Little taste of it...(video)

Last time when I was in Venice...8 years ago.

Our romantic night continued....went to a wine bar (which was owned by Koreans...that was weird.) and went back to St. Mark's square to listen more orchestra music. John had to have his gelato again.

Gotta have some wine...

Just two of us in front of our hotel

Gondolas at night...

We had a romantic day today!

No comments: