イタリア旅行も最終日です。今日一日過ごしたら翌日アメリカへ戻る事になります。長い旅行日記読んでくれてありがとう。頑張って終わらせます。
7月3日(木)ベニス3日目
今日はバッポレット(水上バス)の一日券を買って、他の島々を巡りたいと思います。まずはホテルで豪華な朝食です。ここもツアーに入っているので食べたいものをメニューから注文します。なんとなくお得な気分です♪
まずはガラス細工で有名なムラノ島へ向かいます。1時間位で到着。到着するとすぐにガラスのデモンストレーションを無料で見学させてくれる所を発見!昨日もちょっとみたのですが、やっぱり本場に来たので、本場で見たい。という事で見学させてもらいました。こっちの方が工場も規模も大きく、なんだかとても良い物を見せてもらいました。ムラノ島でジョンが小さな花瓶とネックレスを買ってくれました。ここでも中国からの偽物の被害が大きいらしく、ちゃんと証明書をつけてくれるお店を探して購入しました。やっぱりベニスに行ったのだから本物を買って帰りたいものです!
その後はまた水上バスに乗ってブラノ島へ。MuranoやBuranoとややこしいですが、こっちのBuranoはレースとカラフルなお家が有名な島です。なんとなくレースも一応買おうかな?と思ったのですが、ジョンがちょっと年寄りっぽくない?っていうのでやめました。ベニスと違って人も少なく、静かな島でした。ベニスがあまりにも人が多いので、ここでちょっとリラックスできました。
そしてまた水上バスに乗ってベニスへ戻ります。これは1時間半近くかかりました。ホテルでのんびりした後は最後の夜を楽しみます!といってもまたベニスの運河をはしる水上バスに乗るだけなんですが…。ベニスの食料品屋さんに行ったりして夜のベニスを楽しみました。ディナーはリアルト橋のすぐ近くの運河の隣で食べました。最後の夜は二人でロマンティックに(っていうかいつも2人なんですが…)とても美味しいシーフードを頂きました♪
この日の夜もサンマルコ広場でオーケストラを聞きながら楽しく過ごしました。ベニスは良い街です。
2週間のイタリア旅行も明日でお終い。あああ、楽しかった!
July 3rd. (Thurs.)
8:00 am Wake up, breakfast at our hotel
9:20 am Vaporetto to Murano (1 hour)
12:30 pm off to Burano (30 min.)
LN line to St. Mark's piazza (took 1 and 20 min!)
rest at hotel then took Grand Canal line 2 to see the heart of Venice.
Dinner by Rialto bridge, hang out at St. Mark's piazza
Today, we decide to visit Murano island and Burano island off of Venice. We got 24-hour pass (16 euro/person) for vaporetto and ready for our excursion!
This is a vaporetto (water bus)
St. Mark's Piazza from the other side
First, we went to Murano island which is known for their glass making. As soon as we got off from the boat, there was a place that shows free glass making demonstration, so we went inside to see it. It was really neat to see how they make these wonderful glasses. John bought me a cool necklace and I love it! He often buys me jewelries and I love wearing the ones that he gave me. Each one has different memories. :) I sure have a wonderful husband!
On Murano island.
Glass making demonstration in Murano
Beautiful glass objects
After Murano, we left for Burano island. I know they sounds similar. Burano is known for their lace products and their colorful houses. It was nice to be on this island because it was so quiet and not busy like Venice. John thinks of elders when he sees lace, so we did not buy any lace products here.
Burano is known for their colorful houses...
Two of us in Burano island
It took us an hour and 20 min. to get back to Venice from Burano, and we were little tired from the heat. We went back to our hotel, got rest...but we still had to enjoy our last day in Italy. We took a local canal boat to see the heart of Venice. It was nice to have a day pass so that we could decide to get off/on whenever we felt like it. We went a grocery store (I love food...what can I say?) and got some stuff. Tried some food and we were very happy.
Discovering Venice...
The happiest couple in the world.
Enjoying the last night of Venice
Went to a grocery store...lots of cool stuff!
Last supper by the Rialto Bridge. Such a romantic place to be!
We had a great dinner right by the canal. Just a romantic place! and after that, we went back to St. Mark's piazza to listen some music. There were 3-4 orchestra playing every night. You can sit at the cafe, but it's like $30 or something for a drink and cover charge. So what we did was...to stand in front of cafes, enjoying the music for free. (and eating your own gelato or something. much wiser!) We saw this old man who was dancing with the music, and he was having so much fun! I don't think he was drunk...he had a big smile on his face and we all smiled with him. (though his wife was pretty embarrassed by him.)
St. Mark's Piazza at night.
He was having so much fun! (and we did, too!)
Good bye Venice...it was so much fun!
Okay, this is the end of our Italy trip blog. Thanks for reading them all. :)
6 comments:
Burano looks like such a unique and pretty place!
And was John able to compare the glass-making he saw on your trip to the glass-making he saw on his trip to Corning? He was probably, oh about 6 at the time, so I'm sure he took copious notes. (That was one crazy camping trip... full of wine-tastings, too. Strange family entertainment)
according to my husband, he knows the name of the town. That is about it. Nothing more... if this is the case, should we do lots of cool stuff when kids are young??? even they don't remember???
Thanks for the tour through Italy! Looks like an amazing trip - much more fun than my stop in Venice 7 years ago with a friend when it was cold and rainy the ENTIRE time...
Karin: thanks for reading our blog. It was fun looking back what we did. Now we don't forget about it...which is important.
Now I am not sure what I am going to write about...
I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip toe Italy\!! thanks so much for sharing so much!! That was a lot of work -- and I really appreciate it! Your Venice experience looked soooooooo nice!! One quick question for John -- exactly what's wrong with being reminded of elders??!!
Thank you, Mom! I am glad you enjoyed reading them. I am sure it was a bit of work to read all that, too. so thank you!
Well...I will ask John about that question. haha.
Post a Comment