11時40分というちょっと遅めのES(新幹線)で今日はベネチアに向かいます。ちなみに英語ではVeniceと言います。だからベニスとベネチアは一緒の街です。 なんやかんや電車の都合で1時半遅れて到着しました。着いたらすぐに水上タクシーに乗ってホテルへ。ホテルがもう素敵!Monaco & Grand Canalという所なのですが、サンマルコ広場から歩いて1分? テンションが上がります♪
ここでのガイドはあんまりイケてませんでしたが、まぁロマンチックな場所なのでまぁそんな事は気にせずに…。軽食をとってnap time...そして夜のベニスへ繰り出します。どのインフォメーションを見てもあまりおすすめのレストランが載っておらず、どうしようかな?とブラブラしていたらとてもsophisticated なおじさんが「このレストランいいよ」と指をさしております。 外観もいいし、メニューもいい感じなので入りました。このおじさんのおすすめだというと窓際のとても良い席をくれました。窓が開いているのでゴンドラを漕いでる人たちがボナペティー〜〜〜!と言いながらゴンドラを漕いだりしています。なんて不思議でロマンチックな場所です。やっぱりベニスは物価が高いですね、お値段もいいものでしたが美味しいシーフードを頂きました。
その後リアルト橋まで歩いて夜のベニスを見て回りました。
ベニス初日も楽しい一日でした!
July 1st. (Tue.) Florence to Venice
Breakfast at hotel, went to see a small Ginori store
11:40 am ES 1st class
3:30 pm arrived in Venice (1 and 1/2 hours later!)
ate late lunch at a bar close to our hotel
7:45 pm left hotel, walked around St. Mark's Square
Dinner at Ristorante Sempione (S Marco 578 30124 Venezia)
Then walked on Rialto Bridge
We are leaving Florence to go to Venice today. Since our train does not leave until 11:40 am, we had a relaxing morning. We ate breakfast at our hotel, and walked around the town a little bit. The real Ginori store was open today so we went to see inside.
So, our hotel is 5 min. away from the station, but Globus insisted us to get on the bus to go to the station...well, we paid for it so might as well... The train was delayed for whatever the reason and we got to Venice 1 and 1/2 hours later. From the station, we took a water taxi to get to our hotel. It was so nice...Our guide in Venice was not that impressive at all.(you get different guide in each city) But that was okay. There's not too much to see in the mainland in Venice anyways. (not like Rome) Our hotel was right on the water, AND right next to St. Mark's Piazza, so we were super excited about that.
On the water taxi...
This was the best hotel among all...
Venice is such a romantic place. I came here with my family about 8 years ago, and I remember thinking "Where is my prince? how come I am here with my family?" (don't get me wrong, I love my family and we had a blast.) But this time, I am with the love of my life. :) I am so excited.
St. Mark's Square
As always, we took a short nap and left our hotel at 7:45 pm.
We were 2 min. away from St. Mark's piazza and there were few small orchestra playing at night. It was so romantic and outstanding.
We were not sure where to eat dinner since we could not find much information online or books. As we were taking pictures on one of the small bridges, this sophisticated guy recommended us this restaurant. So, we took his word and went inside.
(This is the restaurant we went in and you can see our table by the window)
They gave us the table right by the canal and food was amazing. As we eat, some gondolas pass by...and it was very neat. I got shrimp and calamari
John got Spaghetti.
This was an awesome date night in Venice.
After dinner, we took some pictures and walked to famous Rialto Bridge. It was fun walking around this really unique town...
Rialto Bridge
Beautiful night view of Venice
2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I think that is the very same restaurant that I spotted the last night we were there -- and said --"Oh man.......we shoulda gone there -- it looked SO NICE!! And I can't believe you got the primo table by the window!! Food looked good, too!
Looks like you had a GREAT time in Venice!! You were so smart to stay right there by St. Mark's -- we were stupid -- and cheap -- stayed at some town outside of Venice and had to take horrible bus to Venice each day....... :(
really? that's awesome. :) food was awesome...of course a bit pricey but it was so worth it. :) I think I have one more day in venice to write about and we are done for the italy trip blog!
Post a Comment