Before John and I left for Japan, we went to celebrate our 2nd Wedding anniversary in Half Moon Bay in Dec, 08. We got 2 nights at B&B and enjoyed our excursion in San Francisco area. Thank you so much, MorMor and Gpa and Mom and Dad for anniversary gifts!
2008年 11月 25日は私たちの結婚2年目のアニバーサーリーでした。ジョンのおばあちゃんと両親からちょっとギフトを頂いたので、日本に行く前の12月にハーフムーンベイというサンフランシスコの近くのベッドアンドブレックファスト(ペンションみたいなもの)に2泊してきました。
This was our room:ここの部屋に泊まりました
The bath tub and shower was inside the room. お風呂とシャワーは部屋の中に!
And really nice bed...but my nightmare started from here...とても気持ちの良いベッドでしたが、ここから悪夢がはじまるのでした…。
so my nightmare started at about 1:00am on the first night. All the sudden, I was feeling itchy all over my body. I went bathroom alone and saw red spots all over my body. So I woke John up and asked him to look...and yes it was REALLY bad. nearly 70% of my body had red rash. We went to Long's to get some medicine and John called military Dr. to find out what was wrong...I was hoping it wasn't from the seafood that I ate for dinner. If a Japanese become allergic to seafood...what do we eat? So I was praying that was not from that...anyways, make long story short...I think it was the bed sheets which prob. was washed with strong chemicals because it was BRIGHT WHITE. Anyway...we remembered it happened when we were in Thailand as well...too much massage oil made my skin so red!!! But luckily, no rash appeared on my face, so we still enjoyed our excursion!
その悪夢は初日の夜に始りました。夜中の1時頃体中がとてもかゆいのでトイレに行って見たら、全身が真っ赤になっていました。ジョンを起こして近くの薬局へ…。ミリタリーのお医者さんに電話してもらって状況を聞いてもらいました。体の70%が真っ赤にミミズ腫れみたいになって、とにかく怖い!その日の夜食べた魚介類が原因で無い事を祈りつつ…。(だって日本人が魚介類食べれなくなったら、なに食べるの???)結局真っ白に漂白されたベッドのシーツが原因だと思われます。本当に真っ白だったからかなりの漂白剤を使っているのだと思います。ハネムーンで行ったタイでもマッサージオイルで同じ様に腫れ上がったし…。案外センシティブなお肌の持ち主みたいです。幸い顔には症状が現れなかったので、観光は色々楽しみました。
Golden Gate Bridge ゴールデンゲートブリッジ(サンフランシスコ)
John wanted to take a pix of this sign...
A blessed couple! 祝福されてます、ハッピーカップル!
great breakfast in the room :) 朝食はルームサービスで…。
2日目のディナーはメルティングポットというフォンドゥのレストランへ…。
Dinner was at Melting pot...it was awesome!
Happy Anniversary, my love!!!
Cheese fondue チーズフォンドゥ
Deep fried style...天ぷらスタイルのオイルフォンドゥ
Dessert... デザートはチョコレートフォンドゥ
2 comments:
Looks like a great anniversary trip! Bummer about the rash - that can't be fun! I love the picture of the sign declaring that no one can throw a missile off the bridge - good thing they have that posted... I guess you just never know.
Karin: yes, it was awesome! I know...rash was not fun at all...but John is always helpful when I get sick. I love my husband!
Post a Comment