6:30 am woke up, breakfast at the hotel
7:20 am Piazza Dei Tribunali, Castel Sant Angelo
8:30 am walked down to Campo de Fiori
Pantheon, Monumento A Vittorio Emanuele II (wedding cake: military building)
afternoon Late take out lunch by the hotel
5:00 pm Piazza del Popolo, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain
Dinner at Carlo Menta
6月27日(金)ローマ3日目
朝早く起きてまだ気温があがらないうちにローマの街を歩きます。最初に行きたかったのはCampo de Fioriという朝市です。ローマに住むイタリア人がどんな物を食べているのか興味津々☆トマトやバジルの色がとっても綺麗でした。朝市でイチゴを買って食べました。とっても甘くておいしかったです。前来た時は生水に気をつけてと言われていましたが、今のローマの生水オッケーだそうです。しかも街の色んな所にずーっと流れている水飲み場もたくさんあって、そこでイチゴを洗って食べました。
その後パンテオンを見に行きました。パンテオンの天井には大きな穴があいています。雨の時はやっぱりちょっと水が入ってくるそうです。画家のラファエルが眠っている場所としても有名だそうです。その後 Monumento A Vittorio Emanuele II、(別名はウェディングケーキと言うそうなのです。真っ白な建物だからなのでしょう。)にも行きました。そこからの眺めは最高でした。(そっからコロシアムが見えるのです)
朝から良く歩いたので疲れました。お昼ご飯はホテルで食べて休憩です。でも休憩の後また歩きます。ポポロ広場、スペイン広場、トレビの泉とどんどん歩きます 途中ジェラートなんか食べながらまた歩きますそしてTrastevere地区にあるレストランでディナー。ホームページでチェックしていた場所だったのでテンションがあがります。この海老のスパゲッティーがとても美味しかった!二人でワイン1本あけてまたバチカン近くのホテルまで歩いて帰りました。ローマでは本当によく歩いた!!!
(Our hotel was right by St. Peter's Basilica)

We are on our own today! Got up early while outside temperature is still okay. We walked around the city of Rome, checking out old buildings...Saw Piazza Dei Tribunali and Castel Stant Angelo that was the hiding place for Pope. (pix below)

(Playing with our camera)

We went to Campo de Fiori in the morning. It's a farmer's market and we wanted to check out what the REAL Italians eat in Rome. It was fun walking around the area. We bought strawberries at the market and they were delicious!



(Dog was also tired from the heat...)

After that, we walked to see Pantheon. It was a huge building that has a big hole on the top. Okay, it was more than that...but I don't remember much about it...sorry!


Then we went to Monumento A Vittorio Emanuele II, aka wedding cake. I think nickname came from their white building...well, that's our tour guides told us. We think it was a military related building, but not quite sure what it was all about. We walked a lot this morning, so our mind was getting tired...The reason we went there was that we heard there's an elevator that goes up to the top, so you can see the Colosseum from above. But I guess it was closed so we walked up to the half way and took some pictures.

I think we walked most in Rome since it was quite a big city. We were so tired from all the walking in this heat, so we went to a little cafe and ordered take out lunch. (from our guide's recommendation) John prepared a nice table (white bath towel on top of my suitcase.) in our hotel room and we had nice lunch. (this water melon was so good...I wanted more!)

After taking a break at the hotel, now we are going to walk more! We went to Piazza del Popolo that was okay...then Spanish steps where Audrey Hepburn ate gelato in Roman Holidays. (now you can't eat there though...) Then we went to famous Trevi Fountain...of course we threw a coin like everyone else...(can we come back to Rome?)

Dinner was at Carlo Menta in Trastevere area. Big yet thin pizza for John and Shrimp pasta for me. I loved this dish!



and we found an interesting performer...I have seen these people in Waikiki a lot, but this guy was PRETTY impressive.

The hardest job in Rome...

And Vatican at night...

It was an awesome day in Rome!
8 comments:
your "hardest job in rome" comment made me laugh out loud! love love the pics and the journal- you guys would make great tour guides! that food looks so yummy, i think i always come away from your blogs a little hungry.
Thanks, Amy! I am glad you like our blog. We have about 7 days to go to finish our trip blog. :) I took almost all the food that we ate during the trip. (very Japanese thing.) except breakfast. So you will see more food!
Was that dog tired or dead? Your pics are awesome, they look like something out of a magazine. (-Dan)
Dan! Thank you so much for the compliment! I love taking pictures! and the dog was not dead...we saw many dogs like that though...it was so hot and I guess they don't want to waste their energy...
sometime I wanted to do that as well...
What beautiful architecture and beautiful pictures!
Thank you, Amy! I was so excited to take pictures in Italy...now we have so many!
I concur -- the photos are BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am enjoying reading your journal -- all th emore interesting because of the pictures! I didn't know that was a Japanese thing to photograph the food!!
yes, Mom. we love to take pictures of our food...if you go to Ala Moana food court, you will see many japanese people taking pictures of their food! but I am glad we did that...so we can remember how good they were!
Post a Comment