go to Sorrento (12 x 2 for boat, 2 euro x 2)
Pompeii (11 x 2 plus 6.50 x2 for the machine translator)
Rome. (19.50 x 2) took IC train.
6月25日(水)カプリ出発、ソレント経由、ポンペイ、そしてローマへ。
初めはナポリに戻ってポンペイに行こうかと思っていたのだけど、ジョンがソレント経由で行こうよ、というのでソレント経由でポンペイに行く事になりました。今日でカプリ島とはお別れです。カプリは2泊しました。
カプリのマリーナ(船着き場)まで行くバスは日本でもなさそうな位ぎゅうぎゅう詰めのバスでした。バスの運転手さんがとても優しくて私を運転席の隣のコンパートメントの上に座らせてくれました。優しぃー やっとの思いでマリーナまで到着。ソレント行きの船に乗って(スーツケース一人一個持ちながらです)ソレントに到着。そこからまた小さなバスに乗ってポンペイまで行く電車に乗る為に駅へ向かいます。ちょっとしか見れなかったけどなかなか面白そうな街です。時間があればゆっくりしたかったけど、本日はそういう訳にはいきません。
もうお日様はギンギンに照っていて私の体力はかなり限界。
ローカル線の電車に冷房なんてきいてませんよ。暑い…。それなのにポンペイに到着してしまいました。行きたかったけどこの暑い中、陰のあまりないポンペイ歩くのかと思うとテンション下がる でも遺跡を見てジョンのテンションはあがる 亡くなった父がとても行きたがっていた場所なので頑張って行きました。 結果、やっぱり凄かった。火山で一瞬にして埋まってしまった街は予想より大きな街でした。
南イタリアはレモンが有名! そしてフットボール位の大きさのレモンを見ました。でっかい!
ポンペイの後はまたローカル線に乗ってナポリまで。そこからEurostarに乗ってローマまで行くつもりだったのですが、ちょうど良い時間のものがなくてICに乗ってローマまで行きました。爆睡していたのですが、途中駅でもない所で止まって(もちろん冷房も一緒に止まって)何かを修理しているようです…。結局1時間半遅れてローマのテルミニ駅に到着。タクシーでCiceroneホテルまで。なかなかいい感じのホテルです。ロケーションもかなりいいので気に入りました。

We took a boat to Sorrent instead of going back to Naples to get on a train to go to Rome.
Why? So we could stop at Pompeii, and John wanted to go to Sorrento instead of going back to Naples. We did not have a set plan, so why not? We got boat tickets to Sorrento and decided to go to Pompeii today.

Arrived at Sorrento...got on a bus to go to the station. We did not have time to check this town out.
Took a local train to go to Pompei. Super hot and slow. (and pretty dirty.) We waited about 30 min. in this hot train before it started moving. I was already exhausted from the heat at this point. (Imagine that we are carrying our 2 big suitcases on a tiny bus in Capri, a boat, another tiny bus and a train that has no AC. and 104 degree outside.)

Arrived at Pompeii. My Dad wanted to come here last time we were in Italy, but he never got to go...so I was thinking about him. Got a post card and sent it to my Mom. Telling her that I was thinking about them when I was at Pompeii. (if you want to know about Pompeii, just google it. There are tons of sites that explains why this is so awesome. and I don't think I can do it.)
But I can give one of the reasons why Pompeii is awesome...is that we can leave the luggage at the gate for free. They take it while we walk around the endless town. (well, not really but it was super hot and no shade. Sun was working really hard.)




We got two little MP3 player guides at the gate. I could not focus too much because I was just so exhausted from the heat, but my husband LOVED it. It was really cool and I am glad we went though...I just can't believe we are walking around the town in use in 79 A.D. It was crazy.



After the Pompeii, we went to a little cafe by the entrance and ate some food. Southern part of Italy is known for their huge lemons (well, just lemons in general), so of course I took some pictures of the lemons. They were like football size. (seriously) We took a local train to go to Naples again...and bought a ticket to go to Rome.



We were going to get Eurostar train ticket, but IC (inter city) was cheaper and get there earlier, so we got on IC tickets. IC train did not have good AC system and they stopped the train at middle of nowhere (to fix the train? we did not understand the announcement) so when we arrived Rome, it was 1 and a half hours later than the original arrival time. When we got to the Termini station in Rome, I was ready to go to bed. We took taxi and made it to our hotel Cicerone. It was a beautiful and nice hotel. From now on, we will join the "monogram tour" with Globus. Basically, they will provide the hotels and transportation from the hotel to station and a half day of each city's highlight tour with an educated tour guide. The rest of the time is "self guided tour" and we were so happy to do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment