Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Italy trip part 3 イタリア旅行 パート3

June 24th. (Tue.) Capri 2nd day.

7:15am woke up took a bus to Blue Grotto (1.40 x 2)
9:15am Going to Blue Grotto (10 x 2 plus 6 =26 euro)
10:00am going back to Anacapri
Chair lift to mountain top in Anacapri side (8 euro x 2)
lunch: sandwich from a little shop by the hotel

went to Capri side and came back
Dinner at Barbarossa (33 e)





Today, we are going to Blue Grotto! One of the main events for me...I've always wanted to go there and now it is so close. I am super excited!!! We were one of the first people to get in to the cave. (of course a few Japanese tourists were already there. ) We took a bus to get there, prob. 15 min. ride. Got off the bus, and went down the stairs to see if we could find a boat to take us into the cave.
Sure enough, there were many small boats floating and this guy and his kid decided to take us into the cave. It is going to be 10 min. to stay in the cave since it is so small and so many people want to get in. I had one camera and gave another one to John...WE ARE READY!





The entrance is super small so you have to get down on the boat when you enter the grotto. How beautiful! The water is so clear and so blue! Many boat guys are singing some Italian songs...I could not take it! It was so awesome! (I will post some videos later.)
Then all the sudden, this boat guy asked us if we wanted to swim here. I was like...what? I thought I only have 10 min. to enjoy here...can I? ( I knew you could swim after 6:00pm when everyone leaves...but there were 6-8 boats besides us.) But quickly I took off my clothes (no worries. I had my swimsuit on just in case.) and dove into this beautiful water! It was AMAZING! John took a pix of me and joined me. (holding his paper money on one hand in the air so it won't get wet. Impressive!) Other people on the other boats looked at us, wondering why their guides don't tell them to get in the water...yay. We were lucky and blessed. We got back on the boat and our "dream" ended... so it was time for us to give him a tip. We already paid 20 euro ($30) to get in. The Rick Steve's book said 1-2 euro is good. But since we were happy with our guide, we gave him 6 euro ($9)...that freaked him out! He did not like what we paid...and started to yell...(which we knew it was going to happen. I read up on grotto a lot before we came.) but since he was on the boat and we were on the land...what can he do? leave his boat to chase us? I smiled at him and pretended like I don't understand what he is saying...and said "Grazie!!! (thank you)" It was fun morning!

We went back to our hotel, changed our clothes then took a chair lift up to the mountain top. We got to see beautiful view of Capri from the mountain. Ate sandwich that we got by our hotel at the top. (otherwise you have to pay $8 for a coke on the top!) It was beautiful...:)









Since we were ready to do some more, we took a bus to go to Capri side of the island. Capri side has more shops, expensive boutiques, restaurants etc. We went inside of this gorgeous hotel in Capri but we were stopped to go farther by a hotel employee. Nobody dressed like us...so I am sure it wasn't hard to figure out. haha. But we got to see a cool pool at the hotel. :)
It was too commercialized for us, so we were happy to go back to Anacapri side and glad we were staying on this side of the island.

Again, we took 4 hours nap and ate dinner at our favorite, Barbarossa (where we went last night.)Buffalo mozzarella and tomato, Barbarossa pizza and John ordered a folded pizza thing. We were super full after the meal.
Today was awesome again!







6月24日(火) カプリ島2日目

朝7時15分に起きてホテルで朝食!
今日は朝から青の洞窟へ行くと決めていたので張り切ってます。
バスに乗ってBlue Grottoへ…。9時から入れるらしいのですがもちろん日本人団体観光客はすでに入っておりました。私たちは9時過ぎくらいに洞窟へ入りました。バスで行ってる人はまだその時間には全然いなくて、(他の人は大きなボートから小さなボートに乗り換えて洞窟に入るのです)私たちは待ち時間なし! 日本の人は団体行動が多いのです。小さな乗り場で他の人が終わるのをずっと待ってるので(待つ所は上にあるんだけどね、なんでかせまーいその場所で待ちたがる…。なんでかな?)ちょっと窮屈でした。小さいボートを漕いでるおじさんと子供が私たちをボートに乗せてくれました。


ボートに乗ると一人10ユーロ(1600円位)だから、20ユーロのお支払い。10分も中にいれない割には結構高い。でもメインイベントの一つなので全然オッケーです。中に入る時は頭を下げないと岩にぶつかっちゃうので、気をつけて下さい☆ やっぱり綺麗!青いのに透明!なんだか分からない説明ですが、感動しました。歌を歌っている船のおじさんもたくさんいます!感動しているとこのおじさんが、「泳いで来る?」っていうので急いで服を脱いで(こういう時の為に水着きてたのです)じゃっばーーーん とっても冷たくて気持ちよかったです。ジョンはお札を片手に(濡れないように手を水より上にあげて)泳いでました。さすが体育会系の旦那様です
短い間でしたがとっても感動しました。 でも前々から聞いていたことですが、チップをあげると(本に書いてあるより多めにあげたんだけど)少ないと言ってました、おじさん。日本人は特にチップを多めに要求されるようなので、お気をつけ下さい。後、朝一で行かないと凄く混むようなので、それもお気をつけ下さい。バスで行って大正解でした。

青の洞窟で洋服など濡れちゃったので、一度アナカプリのホテルまで戻って着替えました。その後アナカプリのバス停のすぐ近くから乗れるリフトに乗って山の頂上へ行きました。島を上から見る絶景!ホテルのオーナーから頂上でコーラを飲むと一本800円くらいするよ、と言われていたのでお水とサンドイッチ持参で行きました☆ 大正解 絶景の中、ホテルの近くのデリで作ってもらったサンドイッチで大満足。

青の洞窟を見た後にアナカプリでリフトに乗るのはオススメです。

その後カプリサイドにも行ったのですが、ブティックなんかがいっぱいあって人もたくさーーーんいらっしゃいました。ハワイでいうワイキキみたいな感じです。人が多いのですぐ戻ってきちゃいました。
その後お昼寝。 こっちは日が暮れるのが遅いので(9時でもまだちょっと明るい)ディナーも遅めに頂きました。 レストランは昨日と同じ所。

ナポリ周辺はバッファロー(水牛)のモッツァレラチーズが有名なので今日は生でトマトとバジルと頂きました☆ 美味しかったー!

4 comments:

Wray's said...

Wow... those pictures are incredible. I'm surprised, had no idea Italy has that kind of terrain. Looks like an awesome trip. -Dan

Keiko san said...

aren't they? It sure was a fun trip!
Thanks for reading our blog, Dan!

lynnwray said...

what a day of adventures you had!!!! can't believe you got to swim in that water -- how cool is that?? was it freezing since it is in a cave? by the way -- sorry I am just now reading your blog -- not sure how long ago you posted these, but my computer is having issues with a possible virus, so I haven't been able to use it........

Keiko san said...

yes, it was super cold but it felt SOOOO good since it was super hot in Capri.
I am glad now you can read our adventure. I am writing about Rome today. :)