イタリア旅行はLA-フィラデルフィア−ミラノーナポリ経由で始りました!ナポリの空港からバスに乗って市内のホテルに行きました。
Rick Steveのイタリアの本に載っている Trattoria da Titina e Gennaroというレストランでランチ。 Santa Chiara Churchの隣でした。英語も全く通じない地元の小さなお店でモッツァレラの入ったニョッキとリガトーニを注文。
めちゃめちゃ美味しい!(結局イタリア旅行の中で一番美味しい料理となりました。)赤ワインボトル1本とサラミとオリーブでランチ。とても満足なスタートとなりました。
夜11時頃から二人で街をぶらぶらしたのですが、この日はEuro 2008(サッカーね)でイタリアが負けちゃったのでみんな車のクラクションを鳴らしながら夜中走ってました。びっくりしたのは街がとてもとても汚いこと、でも出会った人はみんな優しくて親切だった事。
夜中なのに小さな子供が町中をうろうろとしている事などなど。
明日はカプリ島へ出発です!





Okay this series is going to be long, but I took diary everyday while we were in Italy so we won't forget.
June 21st. (Sat.) left home at 10:00 pm to LAX. got on a plane to Phil then Milano at 6:30am.
June 22nd (Sun.) Arrived in Naples.
Took a bus (ALI) to Hostel of the Sun. (56 euro?)
Ate late lunch at Trattoria da Titina e Gennaro (next to Santa Chiara Church) (25 euro)
John found this restaurant from Rick Steve's Italy book which we got from Pacific Grove library. Then ended up this was the best meal in our whole trip. I ordered gnocchi with mozzarella and John ordered rigatoni with mozzarella. A waiter and a chef (Titina) did not speak ANY English at all. John could not think of the word "glass" so we ended up having a whole bottle of red wine while we ate lunch.(with salami and olives) It was amazing though. Naples is known for their buffalo mozzarella cheese so we wanted to try as much as we could. This mozzarella cheese in the pasta was such a great taste. I am not sure if I could recreate the same kind of thing here, but I sure try that.
We went back to our hostel and slept until 11:00 pm and walked around the town. We ate some pizzas at small shops. We were surprised to hear so much ambulance sirens in this town. Yes, Naples were SUPER dirty but people were super nice. Our bus driver was extremely sweet. He stopped the bus and told us how to get to our hostel. We were also surprised to see so many little kids are in town at 12:00 am.
So our first day of Italy trip was awesome. Next day, we are off to Capri Island where we are going to stay two nights.
3 comments:
keiko- love the diary! keep the post coming... look forward to reading/seeing more!
this is great!1 we can really get to enjoy your trip vicariously!
thanks, Dan and Mom!
I am glad you guys like it. I will try my best.
Post a Comment