Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day 父の日おめでとう!

中野牧師ご夫妻と長女のさやか、サンロレンゾ教会のすなお牧師と。

I often think about my Dad who went to be with the Lord almost 6 years ago. I thought the first Father's day after he passed away was going to be hard, but it was not too bad. Pastor Wayne preached about our Heavenly Father on that day, so I was actually okay. I still miss my Dad and wish I could ask him so many questions in person, but I know he is in Heaven, so it will be okay.

Since I got married, I have another wonderful father Bruce. He and my Dad are so much alike and I am so honored to be able to call him as my Dad. He is humble and gentle, and I love being his daughter...

When I was in Hawaii, Rev. Nakano was like my Dad. (mostly Mrs. Nakano was my Mom since Rev. Nakano is traveling all over the world.) The Nakanos pretty much approved John to be my husband before my Mom did. (well, she never met John until our wedding week.) They asked many questions to John at this dinner to see if he is good for Keiko. Of course they fell in love with John and so happy that we are together. Anyways they sure are a big part of my life and this weekend, I got to serve with them.


Rev. Nakano was pastoring this church in San Lorenzo 35 years ago. (2 hours north from us) Then he was a guest speaker on Father's day. I went up to see them and ended up dancing Gospel Hula with Mrs. Nakano. Their first daughter Sayaka (who was our wedding interpreter) was there to dance and translate, too. I am still a part of this Mount Olive Ministries (momhawaii.org), so it was really special for us to serve together in CA. As I sang many worship songs in Japanese, I got to talk to Jesus in Japanese yesterday. It was super refreshing and Rev. Nakano's messages made me think about a lot of things. It was so nice to hear the sermon in my native language.

2 comments:

lynnwray said...

Keiko, I j ust realized that I hadn't commented on this beautiful blog entry! We are so privileged to have you as our daughter..............It is such a wonderful answer to our prayers for John to have you as hiw fantastic wife! Thank you for the sweet comments about his dad! the admiration is certainly mutual!

sure wish I could have seen you and Mrs. Nakano minister in dance at that church service!

Keiko san said...

thank you so much, Mom! I am always bragging about our families and how we all fell in love each other. I love it!