Thursday, May 8, 2008

何色? 

Tother day, I was subbing for 3rd grade and noticed that
one of the students was John's classmate's son.
He is a Marine and just promoted to be a captain so he had
a wetting down party at his house, so I knew his wife too.
I did not remember kids' name and stuff but I noticed his
last name, so I told him that I know his parents.

As you can imagine, kids get SOOOO excited when somebody
knows your parents. He was like, "you are my Mom's friend???
I can't wait to tell her about it!!!" And it was a short day
(finished 12:45pm) so I did not get to spend much time with
these students. But he was super excited about it all day.

He comes home...and forgets my name. His Mom asked what was I
look like so she can guess who I was. She asked him if I look white
or black. So he told her I was black. and I had black hair.
(which was correct.) His Mom was trying to figure out how many
black sub teachers that she knows...

3 weeks later, I saw her at the school and told her that I taught her son.

She laughed and told me the story.

I guess I got more tan in Hawaii...

No comments: